Monday, February 26, 2007

Bunny #4

I know there is a hole in the blogging, but technical errors took down my blog. So....
Due to my hectic schedule that has prevented hunting during the week, and also a little falconry withdrawal on Krys's part, Krys has been helping me hunt Katana.
On Sunday 2/18 the TODs headed out a hunting. This would be the first time that Krys would hunt Katana, and I wanted to be in the field. I must admit that it was a little difficult watching him hunt her, even though I have the upmost respect for him as a falconer. Katana has started taking long flights, and flying clear to the other side of the field we are hunting to chase game. This Sunday was no exception. After a couple of long flights and chasing her around the field, she perched on a telephone pole watching. Not neccesarily watching us, mind you, which she made apparant as she ignored 2 rabbits we flushed right under her. I must say it was entertaining to watch Krys try to call her to the glove. She ignores me when I try, so I am not sure why he thought it would be any different. :) We were about to lure her in when she took off in pursuit to the other side of the field. A long flight and intense wing over later, and she nailed it. Krys and I took off running, across the railroad tracks to where she went down. We found her beneath the tree on top of a rabbit. I then had to retrace my steps back to the tracks where I fell, losing part of Krys's camera lense (sorry, Krys!!) All was fine though, and no major damage was done. She trasferred of the kill beautifully, with us allowing her the head as a reward.

No comments: