Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Something's Afoot

Kylie and I were getting ready to head out to an education program at Greystone Castle in Mingus Saturday morning. Kylie is obsessed with her bird starting the molt and finding out what she is going to look like next year since it is a dark morph. When I say obsessed I mean on an unhealthy almost commitable level. Anyway she picked her bird up off the perch and it bated dropping a secondary. Bates again and drops the matching secondary on the other side. (or did they drop....) Neither feather drifting lazily to the ground were seen by Kylie. She did however actually see the bird drop a body feather while doing the program. Everything is right with the world now that Katana has started the molt right? Or so I thought until I got a phone call from Kylie the other night accusing me of planting the feathers to mess with her head. She had a tone to start off the conversation so I immediately knew something was up. I must have reacted with a tone of my own only causing Kylie's suspicions to increase thinking I knew I had been caught. Nothing I could say or do could convince her that the feathers belonged to her bird. She said "The pattern does not match that of the remaining feathers." and she"can't find a gap where feathers are missing." At this point I am laughing hysterically, and not doing myself any favors trying to defend myself. I just think its too funny that she thinks I would actually do that....however it is a great idea. By the way you may want to look up turkey feathers on the web since they look stunningly similar to those of a dark morph passage red tailed hawk.
__________________

No comments: