Monday, October 29, 2007

Halloween Mini Meet









This was a great weekend! We had several out of town falconers come in, including Anthony and Jen from England. I think that we wore them out from all the hawking, but we definitely gave them the Texas Hawking experience. We hunted from Wed - Sun, and also trapped 2 new passage redtails, one for Krys and another for Jeremy from Austin.

I am playing with Katana's weight. She did not take any game this weekend, but at a lower weight (950g) she was following better, and still took several great flights. If she had been in better shape, I am sure she would have been more successful. I think that she has regained the same fear of landing on the ground from last season, so I am going to work with her on this again and wait til Thursday to hunt her. We are also going to jump ups and try to get her back into shape.

No comments: