Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Bad Blogger

With my busy schedule, I have neglected my blogging. The past few weeks have been exciting and Katana's flight style is very much different from last year. As usual, her response weight is all over the scale...thanks to good old Texas weather. It can be burning hot one moment and freezing cold the next. Katana is still stooping her prey, but has started mixing in some amazing tail chases. I have never seen her fly down the rabbits as much as she is doing this year, and I must say her success rate is greatly improving. I just love watching her evolve from season to season.
Katana's lure response is improving, and I continue to end each hunt on the lure in the field and not by the car. This is also reintroducing the hood as we leave the field, something that I had neglected last season. She is getting better at this as well, and does not hang her head and sulk anymore.
We have a mini-meet coming up this week and while I am unsure whether I will hunt her with the group or go solo, I plan on doing some marathon hunting to get her in top form for the jack rabbits at the NAFA meet in a few weeks.

No comments: