Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Update

I was able to speak with Dr. Moore last night at great lengths about Katana's condition. She is still having trouble breathing and would probably be dead if not for the oxygen that she is on. We discussed her hunting weights from season to season as well as her her performance for this season. Her red blood cell count is fine...this pretty much rules out the mid-winter anemia as originally thought. He has sent off blood work that might give us more answers, but the outcome looks pretty bleak. Basically, we do not know what is wrong. He did say that she is eating and keeping her food down which is great. He personally feeds her golf-ball size amounts of quail which she is digesting just fine. The main problem is the breathing. I know that as soon as she quits eating then it is over, but I will keep my fingers crossed. She is stubborn and hard-headed, one of the things I loved about her the most. I hope that her personality keeps her fighting long enough for Dr. Moore to find out what is causing this. If anyone can, he will. The DFW falconers are truly blessed to have such a knowlegable vet to help us out in times like this.

No comments: