Saturday, February 23, 2008

Still going :)


I gave Katana Tuesday off and took her back out on Wednesday. It was VERY hot, but I still flew her for almost 2 hours. She had some strong flights, but I did not get her the best slips. We left the field empty handed. On Thursday, Krys and I took her out and she was flying like she was tired. We cut the hunt short and gave her a days rest. I guess the long hunt and the wind from the day before wore her out. On Friday we hit a different field and after a long hunt and a lot of slips she nailed another rabbit. It almost seemed like she waited for the longest slip in the deepest brush but it worked. She was still flying like she was a little bit tired, but it all worked out. Today, we went to another field and she nailed the first rabbit that we slipped for her. I transferred her off and we kept on going. We had a few more slips, but they all made cover a split second before she made contact. She did have a few incredible brush crashes though, and was definitely flying strong again.
I have also added 2 new hunting dogs to my team: Sadie and Cooper. We picked up a pair of English Pointers and I plann on working with them and hope to fly Katana with their help next season.
20 rabbits, 3 snakes, 2 grasshoppers, 1 frog, 1 mouse, 2 rats

No comments: