Sunday, April 6, 2008

End of the Season

It is officially over. I took Katana out yesterday and hunted 2 different fields. She had some awesome flights and took 2 rabbits. Today it was very hot, so I only hunted 1 field from which she took a rabbit and a rat. I had every intention of marathon hunting her today, but I just could not stand the heat. I fed her up until she could eat no more, and she is sitting in the garage fat and happy. I will put her in the mews soon, but it was so hot I did not want to risk sour crop.
It was a great season, and I can't wait until she finished molting! I just know that she will add a jack rabbit and pheasant to her game bag next year, and look forward to seeing how she molts out.
49 rabbits, 5 snakes, 2 grasshoppers, 3 frogs, 11 mice, 14 rats, 1 crawfish

No comments: