Tuesday, September 9, 2008

My Little Piggy

This past weekend I counted Katana's feathers and it would appear that her molt is coming to an end. So now begins the long journey of trading the fat for muscle using a well regimented routine of diet and exercise. She definitely has a large amount of weight to gain, so I am going to begin dropping her slowly as the last few feathers push their way in. As fat as she is, she will still be fat as the feathers finally pen. Once the feathers are in, we will begin jump-ups to get her back into flying shape. I plan on taking my time, as it is still extremely hot and Katana has not performed as well in heat during past hunts.
She completed her molt in her new mews and the transistion went very smoothly. She continued her molt with no regard to the change of scenery, something I am very happy of. My English Pointers were just fixed and as soon as they recover from the surgery, I plan to look for some new fields in my part of town as well as close to work.
I am grow very excited as the upcoming season draws near....I guess it is time to go get my new hunting license in preparation!

No comments: