Friday, March 28, 2008

My little carrier...

I took Katana to a new field today. We kicked up 2 rabbits right off the bat, but she was not following well enough to get a good chase on them. She tried though. Perhaps it is because I ruined her rhythm when Krys and I did a demo at Belle's school. I let her go with the plan of calling her back it to the fist a few times, and then the lure. Unfortunately, she booked it to the nearby woods and declared it hunting time. I eventually got her to come back to the lure, but it took a lot of persuasion. I think this is why she was stubborn in the field today. Needless to say, on the way back to the car Krys flipped aboard and kicked up a rat. Katana came in and grabbed it. As I made in to transfer her off she took off with it into a nearby tree. This is the first time that she has ever carried, but usually her prey is too large for her to take. When she was done she came to the lure about 100 grams heavier, so we called it a day. I think that I will stick to rabbits and not flip any rat boards for her in the future, not unless I am done hunting for the day.
42 rabbits, 5 snakes, 2 grasshoppers, 2 frogs, 4 mice, 5 rats, 1 crawfish

No comments: