Thursday, March 27, 2008

Ultimate Crash

We took Katana out in the heat of the day today, and it is official: Summer is here. It was HOT! Needless to say, we only flew her at one field and only saw 3 rabbits. She was getting dive bombed by some nesting crows and the cover was very thick - both strikes against her. She was perched high in a tree as Krys and I worked the area, and the second rabbit up ran through the brush and under a tree. I thought there was no way she could have gotten it after hearing the familiar crashing sound in the brush, but I was wrong. Krys and I found her underneath a bush and I could not see how exactly she got there. We had to crash our way in and pull her out, but she had a firm grip on the rabbit and was not letting go. We worked our way back to the field and then I fed her up on the lure. It was hot and miserable and we were done. I brought her home and sprayed her down, the weather forcast for tomorrow predicts cooler weather. I hope it is right!
42 rabbits, 5 snakes, 2 grasshoppers, 2 frogs, 4 mice, 4 rats, 1 crawfish

No comments: