Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Another Triple!! (And a learning experience...)

Well, due to the heavy rain on Tues, we got a late start. Thanks to the time change though, we were still able to hunt for 2 hours before dark!

Krys and I headed out to a field that has proved to yield slips for us in the past, and today was no exception. We kicked up a couple of bunnies for Katana that she missed, but about 10 minutes into the field she killed a rat. We worked our way back around and she was following very well. About 30 minuted later, we kicked up a bigger rat that she slammed. Today, I learned that if Katana can carry it, she will. Not necessarily what I had hoped for. She took this rat to the other side of the field, but we we able to make in and transfer her off to keep hunting.

We then worked over into a more open area, and kicked up a LOT of bunnies. She kept missing though, probably due to the fact that she was now soaking wet. As were started working our way back around to head back to the car, we kicked up a rabbit and Katana instantly took flight. As we are running towards her, we kicked up 2 more rabbits, and Katana kicked up a 3rd in pursuit. I watched her go down, and saw a rabbit jump straight up in the air and take off. I thought for sure she had lost it until I heard the all too familiar screams. Apparently, when she went down on the rabbit, she kicked up yet another one! I made in and transferred her off the kill. We hunted back to the truck, despite Krys's warnings of it getting dark. We had just flushed another 4 rabbits, and I wanted another! Katana's response started lingering at this point, so I carried her on the fist. Very close to the car, we kicked up a rabbit, which she chased and missed. I then proceeded to lure her down...nothing. Called her to the fist....nothing. Krys pulled the car up so I could stand in the headlights, as it was pretty dark now, and still nothing. Finally, I dropped the rabbit on the ground and she landed on it. Transferring her off the rabbit to some meat, I was glad that I would not have to spend the night waiting for her to get out of the tree. Note to self: End all hunting well before dark. :)

Still, another triple for #'s 15, 16, and 17. 14 Rabbits so far, and 3 rats. My little girl is really doing great, I only hate that the season is starting to wind down :( !!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

When additional to your margin, you get your curiosity price.
We are entering the period of what some might call Bain or blessing.
Buying a house with poor credit score is just as easy as purchasing a house with perfect credit.


Feel free to surf to my weblog: bad credit home loan ()