Wednesday, March 7, 2007

Fat Bird in a Little Coat

www.youtube.com/watch?v=E8x9A0pU5zA

I weighed the Kat when I got home this morning and she was a whopping 1020 grams. I was waiting on the glass dude (see Kylie's previous post) so I was not going to fly her, but Kylie was fairly insistent, and she has a way of getting what she wants. So after the glass dude finally got done I headed out to the field around 10:30 am. Katana followed very well for the first 15-20 minutes and then sat on the same perch for the next hour plus while I worked the field all around her. I finally called it a day around noon and headed back to the car. I called her in to the lure about 250 yards. She landed about 10 feet from the lure and did not move. I tried for the next 2-3 minutes to coax her to come to me. Finally she decided that she was hungry enough to ignore me and stepped over to the lure. I leashed her up and let her finish her meal.

No comments: